Going camping requires us to plan our stay as far as the food is concerned. What’s the most recommended food to take away? What’s better to prevent? What can we cook? Today we ask all this questions.
First of all is important take into account what type of activities we’ll do. We’ll decide the meals as per our nutritionals necessities of the activity, for example excursions to the nature.
6 food very recommended by his type of conservation and propperties.
- Canned foods: they keep in good conditions, without the need of pre-cooling.
- Rice and dried pastas: they are very satiating and energetic. Also they combine with a big number of food, as meat, fish or vegetables.
- Soups and other dehydrated foods like milk powder, instant mashed potatoes…Dried fruits: are nourishing and easy to take away.
- Dried fruits: are nourishing and easy to take away.
- Vacuum-packaging food like cured meat.
- Fruit: in case you take, choose those who remain in a lot of time like apples, oranges…
It will be useful to plan the menus before. First days we’ll cook the food that can damage sooner.
Depends on how long we’ll be out or if we have a tent or a camper, we choose on fridge or another to conserve the food.
3 types of refrigerators.
- Isothermal fridge: It is suitable for short periods, producing no cold, but retains the low temperatures of other elements such as ice or freezing liquid pills. It is often desirable to renew the cooling elements such as ice packs.
- Compressor refrigerator: works with 220v or 12v power and produces cold, so it keep food for longer periods.
- Absorption refrigerator: works by three energy sources and based on absorbing heat in the inside without producing cold. This model is generally installed in caravans and motorhomes.
Other useful tips.
- Avoid to guard the food in the car if it is warm. Protect the food of the Sun.
- If camped outdoors in the middle of nature, consider storing food in airtight containers to avoid attracting animals. At night, lock it to the fullest.
- To save fuel when cooking it is helpful to prepare in advance all the utensils that we will need.
- Do not forget home opener, a faithful ally in your stay at the campsite!
Do not forget home opener, a faithful ally in your stay at the campsite!