Figueres, capital of Alt Empordà, is the communicational, commercial, sociocultural and touristic centre of Costa Brava. A town in which a great offer of leisure, made up from a wide range of restaurants, accommodation, shopping centres gets mixed with museums, and emblematic monuments to visit. Moreover, the natural spaces surrounding it allow for fantastic trips and excursions that must not be overlooked.
- A city of emblematic spaces, monuments and, above all, museums.
– The Rambla, modernist buildings, fountains, Jewish district… They all can be visited through a route suggested on the city’s website.
– Saint Ferran Castle. The biggest monument in all Catalonia.
– Theater-Museum Dalí. It offers its visitors a display of art, science and games to get to know the famous artist linked to the roots and landscape of Figueres
– Empordà Museum. With a beautiful art collection showcase.
– Toys Museum. 4,000 toys which our grandparents played with when they were young.
– Technic Museum of Empordà.
- A shopping city
Figueres was the first city in Girona with a pedestrian shopping area inside the city. They also hold the weekly market every Thursday and even The Fair of Charmings, the 3rd Saturday of every month.
- A natural city
There’s a lot of very beautiful tracks you can start from Figueres. Here you can take a look at the Figueres-Roses route. And for those of you who want to enjoy the natural surroundings without leaving Figueres, you can visit the Enric Morera Gardens or Bosc Park.
Y para los que queráis disfrutar de espacios naturales sin moveros de Figueres, podéis visitar los Jardines Enric Morera o bien el Parque Bosc.
Have you already decided what do you want to visit from the city?