One of the best things about camping is eating in the open air and especially if it’s summer time. That’s why the barbecue is usually the protagonist. The charcoal BBQ is the most used but before cooking with this, we must bear in mind some advice and precautions:
1. Prepare yourself well. Take with you the right kind and quantity of food and also the charcoal that you will need.
2. The area where we make BBQ must be delimited, whether if it’s a camping area in the middle of nature or a camping site.
3. Choose the location carefully. It must be clean and without bushes and vegetation that could easily burn.
4. Cook protected with apron and mittens.
5. Have emergency items for fire situations.
6. Keep the barbecue out of reach of children.
7. Clean the grill before cooking as it can catch fire.
8. When we finish, we have to make sure that the charcoal is dead out, wetting it with plenty of water and tossing it. Never keep the charcoal inside plastic bags or containers.
9. If we have a gas barbecue, it’s important to check it out for any possible leakage from the gas tank up to the hose.