Camping is a great opportunity to enjoy the nature and the open air. However, we must not forget the prevention and including a first-aid kit in the list of things to bring. Here we list what it should contain:
- Gauzes: it’s better in sterile packages with few units. It is useful to clean the wound, to cover or to stop bleeding.
- Bandages: in order to cover possible wounds or to hold injured parts of the body.
- Latex gloves
- Saline: to clean and disinfect burns, wounds or be use as nasal decongestant.
- Roll tape: to subject bandages and gauzes.
- Tweezers: previously disinfected with alcohol, they will be used to extract splinters or crystals embedded into the skin.
- Scissors to cutting bandages, gauzes or clothes.
- Soap will help you to clean wounds before disinfection.
- Painkillers and calming medicines.
- Oral rehydration solution sachets: In case of diarrhoea, for example, it’ll help you to stay hydrated.
- A thermal blanket is used to avoid hypothermia.
- A thermometer.
Many campgrounds dispose of a first aid station or pharmacy, as is the case of Camping Mas Nou. Nevertheless, it is always recommended to prepare a first-aid kit when camping.