When travelling by automobile, we must follow some safety rules, and the most important is the seat belt. However, what happen if you want to take your pets along with you in a camper? There’s also a regulation, which if we don’t follow, we will have to pay a fine, for example 100€ (if the animal doesn’t wear the proper seatbelt), or 200€ (if the pet sits on your lap while driving, as is considered as a careless driving).
For this reason, consider purchasing an especially pet seatbelt to avoid consequences. It exists on the market different accessories and today we want to show you different products that the German brand Hymer proposes.
An aluminium cage with anchorages for the floor or furniture. We need to consider that a cage without a proper support can be fatal for the dog in a crash, but also for the other occupants too if the cage flew out.
But if we want the maximum comfort for our pet, the dog basket is the best option. It’s adapted to the floor shape and includes a pillow and a leash.
To conclude, we want to remember some basic tips for travelling with dogs which will allow its welfare.
- Bring water for a good hydration. It’s highly recommended to give your pet the same amount of water as a normal day, in other case, it can suffer intestinal discomfort.
- Bring its usual meal and try to keep its timetable.
- Never allow pets to stick any portion of their bodies out of the window. Pets could also be seriously injured by objects as we drive down the road.
- Before starting the trip, it’s advisable that the dog makes its necessities.
- Don’t leave your pets alone inside the camper.
- Hacer paradas frecuentes para que beba, pasee y haga sus necesidades.
- Bring its toys and accessories in order to make your pet feel like home.
We hope you enjoy your trips with your loyal friend. We would love to hear your experiences and opinions if you have tried some of these products.