Camping Mas Nou is a spring-summer season campsite, but we know that many campers want to live the camping adventure all year round, and that neither cold nor snow stop them.
Going camping in winter and sleeping outside during cold nights can become a real nightmare if we aren’t prepared enough. So, pay attention to these tips:
- Have a camping tent designed to withstand low temperatures and with a wind resistant structure.
- Choose a suitable sleeping bag to keep you warm. Take into account the amount of filling and also its quality. Feather ones, for example, can withstand heat better.
- Fill in the empty spaces in the sleeping bag with clothing to maintain the heat
- Wear thermal underwear.
- Do not go to bed with wet or damp clothes.
- Urinate before going to bed, so your body consumes less energy.
- Insulate the tent floor with a tarp or mat. If mats are inflatable, you can reduce the weight of your luggage.
- Place a hot water bottle between your legs or at the bottom of your bag.
- Avoid tight clothing when sleeping, this would hinder circulation.
- Protect your tent from wind and rain.
- Insulate hands and feet well because these are the most sensitive points of the body.
We hope you enjoy your camping trips!