In many occasions we’ve talked to you about about the appeal of Costa Brava, Girona and the surroundings of Camping Mas Nou. But the town of Castelló d’Empúries also has lots of tourist attractiveness that we help you discover:
- The town’s history goes back to Medieval Times. The Festival Land of Troubadours, which is held in mid-September, commemorates year after year such a rich period in the history of the town.
- A tour around the town invites to appreciate this long history, which can be seen on the streets, houses and emblematic monuments, amongst which the Basilica de Santa Maria and l’Ecomuseu-Farinera (the old factory where the machines were formerly used to make flour) stand out.
- The dancing (sardanas), the singing (habaneras) and popular meals are part of a very settled tradition.
- Art is also very present, giving rise to the Art Route, a journey across the town in which art is the main topic.
- There are 7 km of beaches of high natural value in the town. All these beaches are eco-certified, securing their good preservation and their good condition.
- Thanks to the nice weather of the place lots of water sports are practised: sailing, water-ski, snorkelling, diving… And also wind sports such as parachuting in one of the best facilities in Europe, Skydive Empuriabava or flying in the tunnel of the wind Windoor Real Fly.
Anyway, despite anything we can say, the best way to uncover the secrets of Castelló d’Empúries is by visiting the town. We encourage you to go there yourself and tell us what you think of it!