There are some periods of the year, especially in winter, that we have our caravan or motorhome parked, waiting for spring and summer holidays.
Here we have posted some advices that you should take into account if you don’t want cold and moisture damage our caravan:
- Put a plastic below to avoid damp comes from floor.
- Remove light and gas.
- Empty the fridge.
- Drain the water system by opening tamps and removing the drain plug on the outside of the van. Replace the plug and drain the toilet’s water tanks too.
- Clean the water system with antifreeze and empty all tanks.
- Put a dump absorber.
- Use tape for knobs to avoid water drips.
- If it snows, remove the snow from the roof.
- It’s recommended to us a breathable cover for your caravan.
- Besides, we’d recommend visiting the caravan regularly while it’s in storage.
- Don’t forget documentation inside.
- Keep at home all linens and mattress to avoid moisture damages them.
- Set up an anti-theft system.
- Don’t leave electric gadgets connected.
- If it’s possible, park it in a ventilated area, away from wet areas.
- Put wedges in your pneumatics to avoid deformation.
- Turn on the engine once a month.
Now you don’t have to worry because you know that your caravan will be waiting in the best conditions when the next holidays arrive.